TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: "Please Enter Your ID Number" So We May Ignore it

Re: "Please Enter Your ID Number" So We May Ignore it

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:53:26 UTC

In article <telecom26.82.5@telecom-digest.org>, T wrote:

> Cox technical support for HSI recently rolled out a voice response
> troubleshooter that is absolutely useless and only serves to frustrate.

> One of the first things its says is "Hmmm, I can't see your modem. Try
> unplugging it, wait twenty seconds and then plug it back in. Say
> 'continue' when you're ready."

I just lie my way through the same prompts with Charter Cable. I know
enough to have diagnosed the basic stuff before I call.

On the other hand, enough people don't do that that I can understand
why such a system would have been put into place. :)

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: "Please Enter Your ID Number" So We May Ignore it"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: ""Please Enter Your ID Number" So We May Ignore it"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page