TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk

Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk

David B. Horvath, CCP (dhorvath@notchur.biz)
Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:18:20 -0500

PAT: PLEASE DELETE EMAIL ADDRESS, NAME IS OK.

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:57:01 -0500, Rick Merrill
> <rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote:
> I raised that question of driving while talking on the phone with an
> airplane pilot and he said pilots "multitask" All the time!

I'm learning to fly. One of the things you're taught is to shed load
(drop the less important tasks). One of the sayings is:

"Aviate, Navigate, Communicate" in order of importance -- fly the
plane, figure out where you are, and then talk on the radio.

Now, that phrase is aimed at emergency situations ... But it does
apply to general pilot activities.

- David

Go to Next message: Dave Close: "Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk"
Go to Previous message: Claude J Ortega: "Re: Reverse 911"
May be in reply to: Marie Skelton, USA Today: "511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk"