TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Unlisted Phone Number

Unlisted Phone Number

Patricia Pascale (ppascale@comcast.net)
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 10:01:39 -0700

Patrick,

I'm not sure if you can help me but I've not been able to find
information on when "unlisted" phone numbers first came to use.

I'm a novelist, working on my third book, and trying to find this
info.

Can you help or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Patricia

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I do not know when they first got
started, but I can tell you that in the 1922 Chicago Telephone
Company alphabetical directory, on the page entitled "Services
You Can Obtain From Our Business Office" non-published/unlisted
phone numbers were available at the rate of an additional five
cents per month. PAT]

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Bell Canada Bundles Fixed, Wireless Services"
Go to Previous message: Associated Press News Wire: "Teen Who Bragged 'Catch me if You Can' on Web Caught"
May be reply: Steve Crow: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Charles Gray: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Rick Merrill: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: T: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: T: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: T: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: T: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"