TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Virtual Strip Searches Begun at Phoenix Airport

Re: Virtual Strip Searches Begun at Phoenix Airport

Sam Spade (sam@coldmail.com)
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:15:10 -0800

, Message 8 of 10

Terry Tang wrote:

> "It's 100 percent voluntary, so if the passenger doesn't feel
> comfortable with it, the passenger doesn't have to go through it," TSA
> spokesman Nico Melendez said.

Oh, sure, just go to jail instead.

> The security officer who works with the passenger going through the
> screening will never see the images the machine produces. The pictures
> will be viewed by another officer about 50 feet away who will not see
> the passenger, the TSA said.

I find it difficult to accept that those folks will follow a protocol
like that.

> The machine cannot store the images or transmit them.

> "Once we're done screening the passenger, the image is gone forever,"
> Melendez said.

You gotta know they can screw with it.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Of course they can, and of course they
will. Big Brother comes just a few steps closer. And, in some
countries in Europe, 'Secondary Inspections' have already gotten
underway if some recent internet porn is to be believed. You know, the
old 'secret hidden camera' routine and all that. PAT]

Go to Next message: Ron Kritzman: "Re: Telephone Area Codes and Prefixes"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Ericsson Offers $1.4 Billion Bid For Tandberg"
May be in reply to: Terry Tang, AP: "Virtual Strip Searches Begun at Phoenix Airport"