TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon to Discontinue Analog Cell Service

Re: Verizon to Discontinue Analog Cell Service

Dan Lanciani (ddl@danlan.com)
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:27:58 EST

sam@coldmail.com (Sam Spade) wrote:

> I thought Verzion was the only one left doing analog. As I recall
> they had an agreement to keep analog alive because of all the old,
> analog only, cell phones built into GM cars for that lousy OnStar
> service.

Cingular still provides analog service to my MicroTac Elite. They
keep increasing the price, but the plan remains cheaper than any of
their digital offerings. If they really wanted me to switch you'd
think they could offer a comparable digital plan...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Verizon to Discontinue Analog Cell Service"
Go to Previous message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Don't Forget to Claim Phone Excise Tax Refund, Says IRS"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Verizon to Discontinue Analog Cell Service"