TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Party Line Dialing, was Re: Telephone Area Codes and Prefixes

Re: Party Line Dialing, was Re: Telephone Area Codes and Prefixes

Herb Oxley (nospam4me@mytrashmail.com)
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:48:51 UTC

T <nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net> wrote:

> Bell made very good money on defense contracts.

And I'm sure the Long Lines crews were quite busy in the postwar era
building out the coax and microwave facilities needed to serve the
needs of network TV, which I am sure was also "very good money" for Ma
Bell!

Hence expanding the local facilities took a back seat until I think
the late 1960s. After all Bell wasn't making much money on local
phone service.

Herb Oxley
From: address IS Valid.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Don't Forget to Claim Phone Excise Tax Refund, Says IRS"