TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Party Line Dialing, was Re: Telephone Area Codes and Prefixes

Re: Party Line Dialing, was Re: Telephone Area Codes and Prefixes

Matt Simpson (net-news69@jmatt.net)
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:27:17 -0500

In article <telecom26.50.5@telecom-digest.org>

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Am I correct in thinking that all
> party-line subscribers were geographically close to each other (such
> as a few doors away, or across the alley?) Were they nearly or always
> on the same cable out of the central office? Or were there party line
> subscribers across town from each other? PAT]

See John Levine's story about "party line attack ladies", Jun 20 1989,
in Telecom Digest Vol 9 Issue 207.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Not a bad idea, I suppose. Although I
do not like repeating myself, now and again it is a good idea to
re-run earlier items for the benefit of people who may have missed the
item the first time around, which I guess would include many of you
who were not here to read this item from 18 years ago. PAT]