TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Shut Down the Net

Re: How to Shut Down the Net

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:15:41 -0500

In article <telecom26.43.10@telecom-digest.org>, ellis@no.spam says...

> In article <telecom26.42.6@telecom-digest.org>, mc
> <look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote:

>> As I understand it, only very recently changed domain addresses would
>> be affected by a temporary failure of the root servers.

> If *all* the root name servers had been taken out, there would have
> been a huge impact. Any domain that wasn't cached by your server
> wouldn't have resolved. But taking them all down isn't an easy task.

> http://deepcreekhotsprings.net/

And some of us keep our own little IP cache, just in case. Cox's name
servers frequently go down so I've had to resort to that.

Go to Next message: B. Wright: "Re: A Call to Let Your Phone Loose"
Go to Previous message: me@privacy.net: "Re: Use Skype WITHOUT Instaling Software?"
May be in reply to: Ted Bridis, Associated Press: "How to Shut Down the Net"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page