TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Free International Calls (was 712 858 8094?)

Free International Calls (was 712 858 8094?)

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:33:24 PST

Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:19:03 -0500 Michael Muderick <michael@muderick.com>
wrote:

> I have been given this number and told that it is a US-dial gateway
> for making free international calls -- all you have to do is call
> the Iowa based number. It was suggested it to me as a way for me to
> call into conference calls at work for free. Does anyone know
> anything about this?

Several of these Iowa numbers have been showing up. Evidently they
use VoIP to make calls from the US for a negligible amount. You can
only call regular numbers if it's calling into a country that has
caller pays mobile. The numbers I have collected so far:

712-945-1111
712-945-0419
712-338-8849
712-858-8094

I'm not exactly sure why they're using Iowa but there it is.

712-945 Salix IA (Aventure Communication Technology LLC) 712-338
Milford IA (Great Lakes Comm) 712-858 Superior IA (Superior Telephone
Cooperative)

None of them appear to be the ILEC Qwest's CO codes.

Go to Next message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Beware of the Dot"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Historical Rules About Private Line Services?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page