TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Few Rush Out to Buy New Window Vista

Re: Few Rush Out to Buy New Window Vista

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:58:38 UTC

In article <telecom26.31.3@telecom-digest.org>, Jessica Mintz , AP wrote:

> By JESSICA MINTZ, AP Business Writer

> NEW YORK - Consumers can finally get their hands on Microsoft Corp.'s
> long-delayed Windows Vista, but unlike the mad midnight rushes
> retailers saw with the recently released video game consoles, stores
> saw only a trickle of early adopters Tuesday.

At work we sell PCs from Dell. Our Dell account rep has informed us
that starting this week, on Dimension PCs (the low-end PCs), you get
Vista. No option to do XP instead unless you're buying Optiplex (the
higher-priced business product line). This should get interesting!

> "I've been waiting and waiting, and I've been using my personal laptop
> for work -- it's not working well," he said. "This is a big deal for
> me. I'll hopefully get the better performance that I need, and I
> won't have to go through the trouble of upgrading later."

That's the way to do it. At work, the official policy is that we
*won't* be upgrading. If you want Vista from us, you have to buy a new
PC. I personally think that's a very smart policy.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: www.Queensbridge.us: "Re: Western Union Desk-Fax -- Discontinued?"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: DA Wants to Restrict Pre-Paid Cell Phones"
May be in reply to: Jessica Mintz, AP : "Few Rush Out to Buy New Window Vista"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page