TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Idea of Paid Entries Angers Wikipedia Publisher

Re: The Idea of Paid Entries Angers Wikipedia Publisher

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:55:54 -0600

It was a dark and stormy night when support@sellcom.com wrote:

> If you don't believe me, try posting anything negative
> regarding the anti-commerce "commies" who run craigslist.

I dunno about wikipedia, but craigslist is "anti-commerce"? I bought my
car from a craigslist listing, I've bought computer and DSL gear from
craigslist listings, that's what craigslist facilitates, can't get more
commerce than that.

I expect there's negative things to say about the folks who run
craigslist, but I don't have a clue what they are, aside from maybe
people who sell advertising find craigslist cuts into their income. Ten
years ago, I would have bought a car from the newspaper classifieds. But
like I say, I dunno.

Dave

Go to Next message: Mark Atwood: "Re: The Idea of Paid Entries Angers Wikipedia Publisher"
Go to Previous message: Garrett Wollman: "Re: Cable, HDTV and Must-Carry"
May be in reply to: Brian Berstein, AP : "The Idea of Paid Entries Angers Wikipedia Publisher"