TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: As Deadline Nears, Banks Toughen Net Protections

Re: As Deadline Nears, Banks Toughen Net Protections

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:46:09 -0500

Monty Solomon wrote:

> By Hiawatha Bray, Globe Staff | December 29, 2006

> If someone tries to log in from a machine that isn't fingerprinted,
> the bank will send a confirmation message to the customer's e-mail
> address. A crook who's stolen somebody's user name and password
> probably won't have access to the victim's e-mail account, so he can't
> reply to the message, and won't be allowed to log in.

> http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2006/12/29/as_deadline_nears_banks_toughen_net_protections/

Mmmmm, seems to me if someone has stolen the victims lap-top that the
email account could still reside there so they really should NOT send
new password to the user's email account!

If your laptop is stolen you need to have a list of all critical
accounts that need to be notified!

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Easy411"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: As Deadline Nears, Banks Toughen Net Protections"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page