TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans

Re: Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:26:58 -0500

T <nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net> wrote in message

> In article <telecom25.425.12@telecom-digest.org>,
> look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address says:

>> Harumph. As an artificial intelligence researcher, I don't think
>> robots are any closer to humanlike consciousness than they were 50
>> years ago.

> I think what you're classifying as robots are more expert systems.

Yes, real robots are even farther from humanlike mental activity than
the examples I gave.

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

> Sharon Gaudin wrote:

>> A report out of the U.K. contends that in about 50 years, robots will
>> be given the same rights as humans and even will be expected to vote
>> and pay taxes.

> computers (then known as "electronic brains") then never came to pass
> nor ever will.

And the things that *weren't* predicted, such as word processing, or
CPUs in wristwatches!

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Cellphones Know Where Buddies Roam / GPS Technology Aiding Social"
May be in reply to: Sharon Gaudin: "Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans"