TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Disk Drive Pioneer Al Sugart Dies

Re: Disk Drive Pioneer Al Sugart Dies

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:59:20 -0500

dave.garland@wizinfo.com says:

> It was a dark and stormy night when hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

>> I understand IBM sold off its hard disk drive line recently; I don't
>> know why. Peripherals used to be quite profitable.

> Whether there's a connection or not, I don't know. But they sold the
> line to Hitachi shortly after what appeared to be defects in their
> 60GXP and 75GXP models of drives. These "DeskStar" drives had become
> widely known as "DeathStar" drives, due to drive failures.

> Dave

Oh yes, I remember the DeathStar disks. Lost a number of them on
critical machines.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Bill Would Rein in Cellphone Firms / More Rights Sought For Users"
Go to Previous message: www.Queensbridge.us: "Re: Urban Legend or Never Before Heard of Truth?"
May be in reply to: Associated Press News Wire: "Disk Drive Pioneer Al Sugart Dies"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page