TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Caller ID Showing Which Calling Card Used???

Re: Caller ID Showing Which Calling Card Used???

Ken Abrams (harvest_this@scum.suckers)
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:08:25 -0600

Chris Farrar <cfarrar1307@rogers.com> wrote

> Clearly Bell is now putting the "billing number" for the calling
> card through as Caller ID.

> Are any other phone companies doing this?

I doubt it is a "billing number" and probably isn't directly related
to the originator of the call at all. I've used prepaid cards from
AT&T for about 5 years now. The CID that shows for calls I make comes
from various places around the country: Denver, Dallas, San Francisco,
etc. I assume that the 800 number I call to start the process
actually routes to whatever AT&T center is the least busy at the
moment and the CID number comes from there.

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Times Sq. Ads Spread Via Tourists' Cameras"
Go to Previous message: nonoise: "Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"
May be in reply to: Chris Farrar: "Caller ID Showing Which Calling Card Used???"