TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VOIP Load Handle - Internet Capable

Re: VOIP Load Handle - Internet Capable

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:00:00 -0000

In article <telecom25.394.3@telecom-digest.org>, karthikbg
<karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Currently less people use VOIP.
> Will internet be able to handle the load due to VOIP when the number of
> users increase due to data flow overload. How ?

Easy. Reliance on strict compliance with RFC 2549 will ensure that
VOIP loads remain managable.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Call me curious, I guess ... but what
_assurances_ are there that companies either into (or going into) VOIP
will follow this _voluntary_ RFC? For many of the RFSs around now,
compliance is only a half-hearted thing isn't it? PAT]

Go to Next message: Andrew Hurst: "Banks Face Growing Threat of Identity Theft"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Report: Global Telecom Revenues to Hit $1.3 Trillion in 2007"
May be in reply to: karthikbg: "VOIP Load Handle - Internet Capable"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page