TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users

Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users

Rich Greenberg (richgr@panix.com)
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:53:36 UTC

Gordon S. Hlavenka <nospam@crashelex.com> wrote:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe some of you have noticed that
>> Grisoft AVG anti-virus is no longer going to have a *free edition*
>> after early in January, 2007. If we want to use it, we will need to
>> pay for it effective after next month. PAT]

> I think you read their announcement wrong, Pat ... From the Grisoft
> website at http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 :

>>> GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free
>>> Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full
>>> compatibility with the latest Windows Vista version is available.
>>> Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific
>>> dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the
>>> right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be
>>> discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.

> So AVG Free 7.1 _is_ being discontinued as of 1/15/2007 -- because
> it's being replaced by AVG Free 7.5 which is available now :-)

That's not what they tell you. The nagger screen says no AVG free past
Jan 15. I just gave them $29.95.

Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L
Retired at the beach Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Cell Phones: Viruses are Catching"
Go to Previous message: CNETNews.com: "Too Hot to Touch? FCC Now Mum on AT&T/Bell South Merger"
May be in reply to: David Garrett: "Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page