TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Intermittent Caller ID Problem

Intermittent Caller ID Problem

Mike M (nospam@nospam.com)
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:16:26 -0500

A while back my caller id began intermittently not showing up.

I'm in Austin, Tx on AT&T/Bell lines.

I have 2 POTS lines. I have a number of phones which all display caller
ID as well as a voice modem on each line for answering machine
functionality.

Previous to the past year or so the caller ID worked 100%. I don't
have any idea what happened to cause this problem.

My (DirectTV) satellite receivers are supposed to pick up caller ID
and flash 'em on the TV screen. But this has never worked even when
there was no intermittent problem.

When the caller ID is dropped, it's not showing private or anonymous,
it's simply not there, as if I don't subscribe to it.

This happens about 50% of the time.

Can something in my house cause this? Or is it a Bell problem or what?
Anything I can do?

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Mike

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number"
Go to Previous message: Ryan Naraine eWeek: "Spam Trojan Installs Own Anti-Virus Scanner"
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: Intermittent Caller ID Problem"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page