TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cellphone Dead? AA Batteries to the Rescue!

Re: Cellphone Dead? AA Batteries to the Rescue!

Raqueeb Hassan (wideangle@gmail.com)
15 Oct 2006 07:53:25 -0700

David wrote:

<snip>

>> By Clayton Collins, Christian Science Monitor

>> Cellphone-toters dread the sound: a hand-held device chirping its
>> complaint, often far from home base, about needing to be recharged.
>> Now on the market: a lipstick-size brass canister that holds one AA
>> battery and offers reserve power. Run a short adaptor from the tip of
>> a Turbo Charge to your phone, and a blue light indicates that a charge
>> is flowing. You're back in business long enough to get to a plug -- the
>> device's maker, Voxred International, claims "up to 40 hours" of
>> standby time or two hours of talk, and touts patent-pending technology
>> that protects devices' batteries from damage. It is designed to work
>> with PDAs as well.

>> We tested Turbo Charge -- about $20 at stores including Best Buy,

> OK, but devices like this (using 2 AA or AAA batteries) have been on
> the market for a while. My wife bought me one as a bit of a joke at
> the local $1 store. I doubt it had any special circuitry but I expect
> my phone to handle the charging details, not the power-source.

> - David

That brings me the thought, I haven't seen any solar cellphone
charger, have you? It should be a lifesaver where there's no power
source around!

Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

Go to Next message: Raqueeb Hassan: "Re: Phone Line Noise Question"
Go to Previous message: Reuters News Wire: "Italy Adopts Microsoft Anti-Child Pornography Software"
May be in reply to: Clayton Collins: "Cellphone Dead? AA Batteries to the Rescue!"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page