October 10, 2006
NEWS OF THE DAY
* Google buys Web video phenomenon YouTube
BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH
* Sprint Nextel chairman to retire
* Google's acquisition may leave competitors by the wayside
* Investors split over Cablevision buyout offer
* Ruckus wins funding from Motorola, T-Online
* Vodafone boosts offerings in New Zealand with ISP acquisition
* Pingtel snags major Amazon.com VoIP contract
* Pandemic Influenza's Impact on Telecommunications
* Report: Smartphone sales rising
* Wi-Fi/Cellular convergence could spell trouble for traditional phones
* Survey: More than a third of U.S. college campuses have Wi-Fi
REGULATORY & LEGISLATIVE
* Malaysia to issue WiMAX licenses
* Hawaiian Telcom's broadband service reclassified
* Aussie government launches Telstra sale
* Travel: Thailand Tourists: 'Coup? What Coup?'
* A Chorus Line: From the Top: Five, Six, Seven, Eight!
* 2007 Volkswagen Eos: In Praise of a Convertible Goddess
* A Great March to See the Penguins
Follow the link below to read quick summaries of these stories and others.