TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

DevilsPGD (spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net)
Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:38:55 -0500

In message <telecom25.355.8@telecom-digest.org> mc
<look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote:

> <davidesan@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> I'm a little more lenient. I figure the caller has no idea that
>> there's a queue for the clerk's attention. I let the clerk answer the
>> phone, and if they're good, they'll put the person on hold, and then
>> apologize for the delay. No real loss of time or attention for me. If
>> they begin to talk to the person, then I can get upset.

> In fact, the same goes for face-to-face service. I once walked into a
> picture frame shop and the owner (who was the only person working
> there) would not even acknowledge my presence -- he just continued an
> ongoing conversation with other people.

Other customers, or just shooting the shit?

> After 10 minutes of this, I
> walked out and wrote him an angry letter. How much would it have cost
> him to say, "Hello, I'll be with you in a minute"? It cost him $200
> in business not to do so.

While true, would it have made that much of a difference?

--
I read usenet for the articles

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "T-Mobile to Launch Mixed-Signal Phone"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Re: Pirate Radio Stations Challenge Feds"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page