TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: How to Spam Cell Phones

How to Spam Cell Phones

NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us
18 Sep 2006 07:56:31 -0700

Ebay item: BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY SMS TEXT MESSAGE MARKETING

see
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140028453714&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=300024889777&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

or
http://snipurl.com/SMSspam

Pat:
You may wish to simply write a review and eliminate the links.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, I can tell you this much: if it
is something E-Bay is selling, I would generally stay away from it.
That is, unless you want even more spam as a result. I have purchased
_ONE_ item via E-Bay in my lifetime, a cellular phone which was not
all that great, and I have been spammed ever since. E-Bay says it is
not them doing the spamming, and that is probably correct; it is
people who are members there who think nothing of checking through the
customer records and then attempting to trick other folks into a
response to their 'complaints' etc. The address 'spoof@ebay.com' is
absolutely useless. Unlike their sister company PayPal, where you can
simply forward whatever crapola shows up and they at least make an
effort to close down the site, with E-Bay, letters complaining about
that stuff go nowhere. The big thing now, it seems, is to send members
of E-Bay's community 'partial' letters of complaint, with a link
address to click on to respond. The partial letter says something like
"That gizmo you sold me; when are you going to deliver it?" and the
partial letter always goes on to say "E-Bay takes this complaint very
seriously. Please respond direct to this member if you wish to retain
your good standing with E-Bay." etcetera. How big a thing is 'big
thing'? Oh, I get anywhere from 50 to 75 of them each time I log on
here. I finally relented and answered just one of them the other day;
I used the 'f-word' in every form I could think of using it; as a
verb, a noun, a preposition, an adjective, an adverb, you name it. And
I did not bother to sign it. I sent my reply as an independent
email to the site named prior to the cgi-bin which included ebay in
the end of it. I did not get a futher reply from the goofus who sent
it out to me, but I did conclude by telling him I hoped he felt my
'customer service' had been good. Those people are really beginning to
make me get very angry. PAT]

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Citizens to Acquire Commonwealth Telephone"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Personalized Service May be Key to Success of Internet-TV Links"
May be reply: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: How to Spam Cell Phones"
May be reply: Joshua Putnam: "Re: How to Spam Cell Phones"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page