TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Dish Network Unsolicited Calls

Re: Dish Network Unsolicited Calls

Steven Lichter (DieSpammer@Ikillspammers.com)
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:52:05 GMT

Jim Haynes wrote:

> The phone rang this morning and I heard a recording offering me some
> kind of free VCR or something. So I punched the button they said to
> and was connected to someone answering "installations" for Dish Network.
> Once I knew who it was I hung up and filled out the complaint web page
> with FTC, since I am on the do-not-call list.

> Just wondering if anybody else is getting these calls.

For the most part these are companies that sell the service for them,
or are independent installation companies. I have gotten a few calls
and am on the do not call list. My biggest complaint with them is
Dish Network offers its customers an option to get credits towards your
bill by getting your friends and families to join the service. What it
must mean to some people is to get an e-mail spammers list and send it
to all 500 million of their friends or post it in every newsgroup on
the net. Dish Network does not condone this, but they also will very
rarely take any action against the person or company that does it.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2006 I Kill Spammers, inc, A Rot in Hell. Co.

Go to Next message: support@sellcom.com: "Re: Dish Network Unsolicited Calls"
Go to Previous message: Curtis R Anderson: "Verizon Online DSL to Drop Supplier Surcharge"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page