TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?

Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?

jared (jared@netspacenospamnet.au)
Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:05:45 -0600

1. Decide what you want to do for long distance. When QWEST did this,
I switched to using a calling card and don't have a long distance
carrier. I programmed my handsets with the 1-800 number so its not too
much hassle. Esp as many calling cards will do a calling number id
and not require entering the card number, if one wants. The COSTCO via
MCI calling cards, when I bought one (or a friend who was a member
bought it), were no surcharge, no expiry and relatively inexpensive
(3cents/min within the USA), renewable by credit card over the
phone. There are heaps of other and maybe cheaper cards out there.

2. Write them (snail mail), saying what you said and ask for your money back.

3. If after a few months, no response, look up a corporate officer's name &
address and write her/him.

> When I visit their website, it says that the plan I'm on (the "One
> Rate Simple" plan) now has a monthly minimum charge of $5 as of July
> 1st !

> Are we required to pay these charges if we got no prior notice?

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "M&A Fever Takes Telecom Gear Market by Storm"
May be in reply to: nospam256k@yahoo.com: "Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?"