TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Different Area Codes, Same Rate Area, and LNP

Re: Different Area Codes, Same Rate Area, and LNP

Sam Spade (Sam@coldmail.com)
Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:25:36 -0700

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> Sam Spade wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Eidtor's Note: What Sam Spade does not grasp, and what
> the telcos grasp all too well, is that most non-telco people do not
> understand, nor do they care about the workings of the telephone
> company. Over the past century, telco has made lots of money based on
> the ignorance of the general public, and they are still at it. PAT]

Sam understands it all very well.

I agree with both you and Ms. Hancock that the LECs don't want it to
be easy.

I do disagree that it takes much research, though, to determine one's
local calling area, at least in California and a few other states that
I am familiar with that have all local office codes that are local
clearly listed in the front of the phone book.

Then again, some of today's consumers can't find Mexico on a world
map. ;-)

As to extended calling plans that some folks may have, that is
irrelevant when selecting a primary or virtual number for Vonage. Why
make it more complicated than it has to be?

Vonage makes it easy, really easy.

Go to Next message: 3z3k3l: "Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Died! This is very Sad"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Different Area Codes, Same Rate Area, and LNP"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page