TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Clueless Hollywood

Re: Clueless Hollywood

Henry (henry999@eircom.net)
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:07:54 +0300

Mr Joseph Singer <joeofseattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The assumption is that people do not notice these inaccuracies
> (except us ... nerds of course!)

And even among those who do notice, how many people are really bothered?

There's a great anecdote from London in the 1930s. Remember, those
were the days when the cinema was an ornate 'Movie Palace' and people
actually got all dressed up to go see a film.

(I'm sorry I can't remember the exact details of this, but you'll get
the idea.)

One night an eminent ornithologist was at the pictures with some
friends. Suddenly, a bird singing in the background on the soundtrack
caught his attention. The expert looked perplexed, but nothing more.
Then, a short while later the bird-call came again -- and that was that.

'What are they trying to do?!?' said the professor, getting to his feet.
'This is preposterous! That's obviously a _____ singing in the
background and this story is set in _____. There is of course absolutely
no way that there could be a _____ in _____!' -- and out he went, in a
huff.

Cheers,

Henry

Go to Next message: Ruzzer: "Good VOIP Info Site"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: Clueless Hollywood"
May be in reply to: Ron Kritzman: "Clueless Hollywood"