TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Arrests Made in Theft of VA Laptop Computer

Re: Arrests Made in Theft of VA Laptop Computer

William Warren (william_warren_nonoise@speakeasy.net)
Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:23:00 -0400

Sam Spade wrote:

> Brian Westley wrote:

>> Congress is investigating the steps leading up to and after the theft.
>> It also is pondering legislation to improve information security.

> By far, the worst criminal in this case is the jerk government
> employee who took the data home.

The VA employee who took the data home -- to work on during his private
hours when he could have been with his family or entertaining friends --
had permission to do so, according to testimony from the VA brass made
before a Senate committee.

Do you feel that civil servants who are willing to work extra hard for
the veterans they serve are jerks, or did you just make an uninformed
blunder?

William

(Filter noise from my address for direct replies)

Go to Next message: Gordon S. Hlavenka: "Re: Arrests Made in Theft of VA Laptop Computer"
Go to Previous message: Anthony Bellanga: "Old Analog Cellular A/B Systems (Re: Cingular Surcharge)"
May be in reply to: Brian Westley, Associated Press: "Arrests Made in Theft of VA Laptop Computer"