TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AOL Makes it Official; Now it's Mostly Free and Ad Supported

Re: AOL Makes it Official; Now it's Mostly Free and Ad Supported

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:49:40 -0400

In article <telecom25.285.8@telecom-digest.org>, Henry Cabot Henhouse
III <sooper_chicken@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Great. .. now the perves and pedos will find it easier to get online to prey
> on the youngsters ...

Not really. They're only dropping the charge for the portal service.
You still have to pay to use them as a dialup service. So if you're
not already online via broadband, it won't be any easier.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Go to Next message: Brian Westley, Associated Press: "Arrests Made in Theft of VA Laptop Computer"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Today's Cell Phone Companies?"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "AOL Makes it Official; Now it's Mostly Free and Ad Supported"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page