TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Touch Tone Grocery Shopping - Promise Never Realized?

Re: Touch Tone Grocery Shopping - Promise Never Realized?

Neal McLain (nmclain@annsgarden.com)
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:22:18 -0400

PAT wrote:

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: ...

> ... course, and neither of them (Walmart nor Walgreens) will take
> requests over the phone based on the serial number on the bottle;
> they both demand to have you bring in the empty bottle personally,
> and stand in line for however long waiting, and have your cash or
> credit card available handily. Local store are always so much
> better, no matter what. PAT]

This hasn't been my experience with Walgreens. I can call the number
on the prescription label, get a recording, enter the prescription
number(s), follow the prompts, and pick the order up after 10:00 am
the following day. If there's a problem (no refills left ... have to
call the doctor first), the recording tells me that as soon as I enter
the prescription number. If I need to talk to the staff, I just dial
"O" anytime during the recording.

Doing it on line is even easier. Once I've set up the prescriptions
at http://walgreens.com, all I have to do is log in. The site presents me
with a list of all my prescriptions, and all I have to do is click on
the ones that I want to renew. Again, the order is ready after 10:00
am the following day.

If I use the driveup window to pick up the order, they even throw in a
couple of biscuits for the dogs.

Yes, they require payment (cash, credit card, or debit card) at the
time of pickup, but that doesn't seem reasonable.

Neal McLain

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You are correct on Walgreens; I stand
corrected. I will note however that our local pharmacies will deliver
at no additional charge the same day and for those of us on a _very_
fixed income (Social Security only in my case) and having the bank
disburse payment for all my bills each month, having a charge account
is very helpful also. PAT]

Go to Next message: jtaylor: "Re: Touch Tone Grocery Shopping - Promise Never Realized?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Breaking Into a Laptop via Wi-Fi"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Touch Tone Grocery Shopping - Promise Never Realized?"