TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why is Congress Considering Such Anti-Consumer Telecom Bills?

Re: Why is Congress Considering Such Anti-Consumer Telecom Bills?

John Hines (jbhines@newsguy.com)
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:42:57 -0500

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> I was searching thru the telecom archives and found a post criticizing
> the Bell Systems' PBX offerings of 1969 as being junk. I personally
> saw some modern good systems in use in those days and a check of the
> Bell Labs history confirms the offerings. To put it another way, how
> much computer horsepower could you buy back in 1969 for $2,000?

My father reported paying $7 a word for memory in the 60's for a Xerox
Sigma 7 computer.

Silly sig to prevent isp ad

Go to Next message: Hr.ZeroHour: "Re: Odd Dialing Code"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: Why is Congress Considering Such Anti-Consumer Telecom Bills?"
May be in reply to: Bruce Kushnick: "Why is Congress Considering Such Anti-Consumer Telecom Bills?"