TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: GTE and Verizon; SBC and AT&T, in Southern California

Re: GTE and Verizon; SBC and AT&T, in Southern California

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
29 Jul 2006 13:30:12 -0700

Anthony Bellanga wrote:

> Verizon was formed in 2000 by the merger of Bell Atlantic (including
> NYENX) and GTE (including Contel; at least what GTE and later VZ have
> retained of old GTE and old Contel). The "Bell" logo has been retained
> by VZ in BA (and NYNEX) territories, but it has also been introduced
> into VZ-held legacy GTE (and Contel) territories when it comes to
> basic local telephone services, such as repair trucks, directories,
> monthly bills, and even telco-owned payphones. Note that VZ Wireless
> does NOT use the "Bell" logo, nor various aspects of VZ that are not
> "basic local landline telephone functions".

Verizon is weird about the old Bell logo. It appears on the side of
pay phone enclosures, but not on bills or leaflets or ads. In fine
print on ad leaflets there is "Bell Telephone Company of Pennsylvania"
which is strange on an advertisement, and I don't think that's their
legal name anymore; they formally changed it long ago.

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: 2.4Ghz vs. 5.8Ghz Cordless Phones and Health Concerns"
Go to Previous message: Sam Spade: "Re: GTE and Verizon; SBC and AT&T, in Southern California"
May be in reply to: Anthony Bellanga: "GTE and Verizon; SBC and AT&T, in Southern California"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page