TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Carolina Net Can't Validate E911 Info

Re: Carolina Net Can't Validate E911 Info

Thor Lancelot Simon (tls@panix.com)
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:10:43 UTC

In article <telecom25.270.2@telecom-digest.org>, Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> I'm now using Carolina Net VOIP phone service. I've tried to register
> my street address as E911 on my phone.

> Every time I try or they try, the system kicks it back as unable to
> validate. CN told me that the database apparently didn't include my
> street address.

[...]

> Does anyone have any ideas about how this situation can be resolved?

VOIP E911 is an FCC mandate. Write a detailed (but clear) letter to
the FCC about the problem; carbon it to the corporate counsel at
Carolina Net and to the E911 supervisor you spoke with, and to your
state Public Utilities Commission. Send it certified mail, return
receipt requested.

If you don't receive a timely response, you may have more luck
contacting your state PUC than the FCC if you call them on the phone,
but I'd call both, if I were you.

Thor Lancelot Simon tls@rek.tjls.com

"We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others." - H.L.A. Hart

Go to Next message: Eric Auchard: "Report Agrees Google Attempting to Combat Fraud"
Go to Previous message: Bob Goudreau: "Re: NYC 1975 CO Fire -- Supposed it Happened Today?"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Carolina Net Can't Validate E911 Info"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page