TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Re: Exploding Lithium-Ion Battery Started House Fire

Re: Last Laugh! Re: Exploding Lithium-Ion Battery Started House Fire

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:44:09 -0400

>>> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0607130182jul13,1,1195700.story?page=2&coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

>>> By Mike Hughlett
>>> Tribune staff reporter

>>> July 13, 2006

>>> It has the ring of an urban legend: A cell phone blows up and sets
>>> fire to a house.

>>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: For those people inclined to think that
>>> a fire caused by an exploding battery is 'just another urban legend'
>>> which never has any verifiable source to it, here is an instance where
>>> proof is available: Chicago Tribune, July 13, 2006 Section B, with a
>>> real person named. PAT]

>> There was a recent incident where a Dell laptop went up in flames
>> at a conference in Asia.

>> It's amazing how hot a 9 volt transistor battery gets when it
>> contacts the loose change in your pocket.

>> Energy = Energy
>> Uncontrolled Energy = Bomb

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, Mister Hot-Pants-a-Fire, I presume
> there was no damage of any sort to your essential parts down there;
> you did not have to call the Fire Department to put it out, did you?
> I know ... its not funny ... but it _is_ funny! PAT]

What department do you call to "pat it out"?

;-)

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Internet Child Porn Again on Increase in USA"
Go to Previous message: Jim Stewart: "Re: Bell 607 Cordboard"
May be in reply to: Mark J: "Last Laugh! Re: Exploding Lithium-Ion Battery Started House Fire"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page