TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Elegy (sic) For the Video Store

Re: Elegy (sic) For the Video Store

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:40:31 -0700 (PDT)

Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:53:40 -0400 Rick Merrill wrote:

> "an elegy (sometimes spelled elegie) may be a type of musical work,"
- wikipedia

> You meant "eulogy"

> "An eulogy is a funeral oration given in tribute to a person or people
> who have recently died. " - [op cit]

Is it really any wonder when I commonly see that people have no idea
that there's any difference between to and too or they're their or
there?

It's as I've always said that a homophone is not necessarily a pink
Motorola Razr owned by a gay person. :)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: /too/ can mean 'also' and /to/ connects
the words on either side of it and of course /two/ is the smallest
(and only) prime number which is even instead of odd.

/They're/ is a contraction for 'they are'. /There/ refers to a place
as in 'over there'. /Their/ is a personal pronoun describing the
group of things which possess some other thing, as in 'these computers
are 'their' property. Those are only quick, short examples. On one of
my blog sites http://ptownson.blogspot.com ('Gay Man in a Small Town
in Kansas') one of my daily features is the 'Word of the Day' with an
attached dictionary. PAT]

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Caution: Unidentified Callers Ahead"
Go to Previous message: Arthur Kamlet: "Re: Bell Labs, Jansky, and the Jansky Monument in Holmdel"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page