TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Campus Fax Finder

Re: Campus Fax Finder

Brad Houser (bradDOThouser@intel.com)
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:34:13 -0700

On 17 Jun 2006 13:14:18 -0700, Lanman wrote:

> I have a project to determine all of the fax machines on our 4000 line
> campus. I would like to find a software package that I can configure
> with our telephone extentions and dial each one and have it record the
> numbers that receive a fax tone ?? Any ideas ?

Did you ever see the 1983 movie Wargames? They used what is now called
a wardialer to look for open modems to hack into. Modern versions
exist that can distinguish modems from faxes.

A free one is here: http://www.wardial.net/

I don't know if it is smart enough to go back and try busy lines later.

Brad Houser

Go to Next message: Gordon Burditt: "Re: Editorial: ICANN Needs to Stop Domain Name Abuse"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Campus Fax Finder"
May be in reply to: Lanman: "Campus Fax Finder"