TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Harassment PayBack

Re: Cell Phone Harassment PayBack

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:56:32 -0700

Robert Galloni wrote:

> The law doesn't protect us when it comes to harassment like this.

> My father-in-law had a similar problem with some guy calling his
> cell line harassing him.

> He decided to go to the police but to his surprise they said
> there wasn't much they could do.

Telephone harrassment has been against the law forever. What were the cops
thinking?

> Taking it into my own hands I set up my modem to call the offenders
> cell number over and over again.

Not a good idea.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Although your fathr-in-laws's police
> department was unwilling to do their duty and protect him, it would
> just be your luck that the other guys's police department (the ones
> who would respond to a complaint by him) would choose to fry you.

Well, he was harrassing the perp too.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Telemarketer With a Toll-Free Number"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "FCC Votes to Impose USF Fee on Most VoIP Providers"
May be in reply to: Robert Galloni: "Cell Phone Harassment PayBack"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page