TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What is Net Neutrality all About?

Re: What is Net Neutrality all About?

Tim Scott (othtim@gmail.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:52:54 -0600

I agree most heartily with your comments. Internet gatekeepers are a sketchy
issue, however. Who regulates the regulators? It is important that
regulating the internet with gatekeepers does not "throw the baby out with
the bathwater", per se. Who ensures that the gatekeepers are regulated?

Your comments on "mob rule" were straight on the point, sir.

-Tim

> From: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
> Subject: Re: What is Net Neutrality all About?
> Date: 15 Jun 2006 10:49:09 -0700

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Do you agree with all this, or do you
> find it just a bit shrill? There are several additional essays in
> the collection presented here today, please continue reading. PAT]

> No, I don't agree with it. Yes, I do find it shrill. I responded to
> a separate issue, here are some more comments:
> [snip]

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: People often times praise two long-
time netizens for their abilities; one being Vint Cerf and the other
being Esther Dyson, in other words, the ICANN people. Maybe -- if we
can think out of the box for a few minutes -- an organization like
ICANN could handle this 'gatekeeper' function pretty well. Any
thoughts? PAT]

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: Hiding in Plain Sight, Google Seeks More Power"
Go to Previous message: jimwhite@nyc.rr.com: "VOIP Job Available"
May be in reply to: Various writers: "What is Net Neutrality all About?"