TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Connecticut OKs Plan by AT&T to Offer TV Without a Franchise

Re: Connecticut OKs Plan by AT&T to Offer TV Without a Franchise

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
8 Jun 2006 11:37:10 -0700

USTelecom dailyLead wrote:

> * Connecticut OKs plan by AT&T to offer TV without a franchise

One reason we pay a lot in cable fees is that each municipality got
their hands in the mix and take out their tribute. My town gets
several dollars from each customer. How did they get along before
cable TV tax revenue (relatively new in my area)?

> * Cable & Wireless bails on residential broadband

I haven't looked at them in a long time, but C&W is an ancient company
that used to handle overseas telegraph cables and early radio. They
had many isolated ocean islands that were used as relay stations; they
built buildings and huts in a British colonial style.

If you're interested in that sort of history check them out.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Political Telemarketing Calls"
Go to Previous message: brianholtz1965@gmail.com: "Intercom Among 3 Cordless Handsets?"
May be in reply to: USTelecom dailyLead: "Connecticut OKs Plan by AT&T to Offer TV Without a Franchise"