TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bad Static, Humming, and Disconnects

Re: Bad Static, Humming, and Disconnects

Ken Abrams (k_abrams@[REMOVETHIS])
Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:28:18 GMT

DLR <news22@raleighthings.com> wrote:

> Did you disconnect the inside wiring when you did the NID testing?

With a modern NID, that happens automatically when you remove the plug
from the jack inside the box. This is likely the style he has, since
he is (seems to be) plugging in regular phones to test.

> Different makes of phones might explain it. But if you have the
> problem with the inside wire disconnected, I'd call the phone company
> before worrying about cascading effects.

I absolutely agree with that part. Also there is usually more
ambient/background noise outside.

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: Companies _DO_ Snoop on Employee Email"
Go to Previous message: John Schmerold: "Re: Id Theft Made Easy"
May be in reply to: Mike S.: "Bad Static, Humming, and Disconnects"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page