TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Thu, 4 May 2006 19:53:44 -0400

healthystealthy@gmail.com says:

> Right now I'm using Verizon. I have to save money. I'm thinking about
> switching to Vonage. Does anyone know anything about this company? Is
> it a mistake to switch to them? Any details?

> Thanks.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Vonage is certainly a better deal, and
> much less expensive than Verizon. I have Vonage service here as well,
> although in fairness I should mention I also still have landline
> service as well. Some readers here would suggest that there are other
> VOIP companies better than Vonage, and that may be true, but I think
> you are inquiring about the _concept_ of VOIP instead of landline, am
> I correct? I am unwilling to totally abandon my landline service for
> VOIP. PAT]

Been using Vonage for a bit more than a year. I use that and Skype.

The only thing that bothers me is that now the damned fees are
creeping into my monthly bill. For example, their $24.99 plan costs me
$28.98 after you add the federal and state taxes, and now the E-911
surcharge for RI.

But it's still a whole lot cheaper than an equivalent package with
Verizon. For example, for roughly the same service level (Actually
Vonage has MORE features - the web management stuff rocks!) Verizon
was charging me $88 a month.

So we've got $60 or more in fees before I say to hell with Vonage and
switch exclusively to Skype.

Go to Next message: Herb Stein: "Re: Everyone's Always Been a Critic - But Net Makes Their Voices Count"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Spammers Fight Back"
May be in reply to: Healthy Stealthy: "Should I Switch to Vonage?"