TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Dilution to Fight Phishers

Re: Using Dilution to Fight Phishers

nospam4me@mytrashmail.com
Wed, 3 May 2006 16:25:42 UTC

Editor wrote:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yes, but just imagine, if every
>> legitimate netizen out there would make the effort to add five or
>> ten minutes of extra work to the load of their favorite spammer.

> Then you end up with a distributed denial of service attack on the
> mail servers of the world.

What if mail server operators set up their systems to firewall IP
addresses which attempt to send to over a certain percentage of
invalid addresses?

What if more mail-ops require valid reverse DNS as a condition of
accepting mail sessions? This would screen out most of the bot-nets.

And " wpoison " which was the first well-known harvester-polluting web
script always used invalid first-level domains to avoid the DDoS
problem.

Herb Oxley
From: address IS Valid.

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: Eavesdropping and Wiretapping Video Receives 5 Stars Review"
Go to Previous message: SD: "Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?"
May be in reply to: Munir Kotadia ZDNET Australia: "Using Dilution to Fight Phishers"