TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: More Subpoenas in Suit Over Obscenity Law

Re: More Subpoenas in Suit Over Obscenity Law

nospam4me@mytrashmail.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:51:15 +0000 (UTC)

TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to Garrett Wollman
<wollman@csail.mit.edu>:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What I found out was I have an email
> address I had mostly forgotten about at Yahoo.com. Apparently, at
> some point or another, someone had signed up _my_ email address at
> Yahoo on some porn mailing list. I have been getting 300-400 porn
> emails per day via that Yahoo.com address.

Several months ago I started getting very sexually explicit spam in my
Yahoo Inbox (which I have SpamGuard enabled). All the spams had the
following in common:

The domains advertised were hosted by Yahoo (they'd redirect to China
or Russia) the domains were sold by Yahoo partner Melbourne IT all the
spams were sent from compromised machines - in my opinion a
professionally-run email system shouldn't be accepting Port 25
connections from residential cable modem and DSL users.

A couple months ago the spam storm abated though,
I do have to wonder whether rogue elements inside Yahoo were at work.

Herb Oxley
From: address IS Valid.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Cellphones in Flight? This Means War!"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - Monday, April 3, 2006"
May be in reply to: Saul Hansell: "More Subpoenas in Suit Over Obscenity Law"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page