TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cellphones in Flight? This Means War!

Re: Cellphones in Flight? This Means War!

George Berger (gberger@his.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:34:13 -0500

The thought of being cooped up with a population of yammering idiots
on a Boeing 777 is enough to cause me to drive - - not fly - - to
any US location in the 48 local States.

As to the ultimate in scenarios - - can you imagine one of those Airbus
Superliners (700 souls) having a landing incident , and while 700 souls
are escaping down the chutes, there are persons - - still anchored to
their cell phones - - exclaiming to the person on the other end: " Now,
I'm stepping onto the inflatable chute - - now, I'm on the chute - - now
I'm off the chute - - now what are you fixing for dinner??"

Just a comment by someone who has avoided serious auto accidents by
dodging idiots who are totally engrossed in cell phone conversations
and not knowing where they were in traffic.

George (The Old Fud - - and a former USAF Command Pilot)

--
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Cellphones in Flight? This Means War!"
Go to Previous message: chppatel@gmail.com: "International Country Code Lists Site"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Cellphones in Flight? This Means War!"