TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Music on Hold, Digital Player

Music on Hold, Digital Player

Mr4Sale (speichts@gmail.com)
15 Mar 2006 11:22:52 -0800

We've been using a CD/MP3 player, with a CDROM for our music on hold.
Needless to say, after awhile running 7/24 for a couple of uses in an
infinite loop it's starting to act up. I was thinking of moving to an
MP3 player instead (no moving parts) this time. But we'd need one
with an external power supply and one that could loop one track.

Not to mention come back up into the proper state (looping the one
track) in case of a power outage. Can anyone recommend a good player
that has these features? We don't need much memory in it, it's just
one track.

I thought of using a sound card in a server (they tend to stay running
long), but then I'd be into the "how do I keep it running" challenge.
If I go that route, does anyone have a background software/service
that will play .wav or .mp3 on a server out it's sound card?

Thanks all.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "Good Writeup of Cellular Tracking in NYC Criminal Case"
Go to Previous message: Andrew Stern: "Worldwide Child Porn Ring Used Net"
May be reply: Klay Anderson: "Re: Music on Hold, Digital Player"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Music on Hold, Digital Player"
May be reply: Bob Vaughan: "Re: Music on Hold, Digital Player"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page