TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Keokuk Dam & 25Hz Power

Re: Keokuk Dam & 25Hz Power

John Hines (jbhines@newsguy.com)
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:38:22 -0600

Justa Lurker <JustaLurker@att.net> wrote:

> Not necessarily ... the resulting waveform would be quite fine
> ... imagine a 25 Hz motor on one side turning a shaft connected to a
> 60 Hz alternator.

That is how it works. I remember doing some computer work for a
company that developed aircraft electronics. In the back room with
the ups and such were a couple of motor-generators that produced 400hz
power, which is used in large jets. This was routed to the test
benches and such.

They have been used as online ups for a long time, usually with a
flywheel to store the energy. Very low maintenance devices, that have
been around for ages.

Go to Next message: John McHarry: "Re: 3 Phase Power"
Go to Previous message: John McHarry: "Re: Keokuk Dam & 25Hz Power"
May be in reply to: John McHarry: "Keokuk Dam & 25Hz Power"