TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 25 Hz Power

Re: 25 Hz Power

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:56:51 -0000

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: A water cooler with a DC motor is
> interesting; but did you ever see a _refrigerator_ powered by -gas-
> rather than -electricity-? I had one of those in a long since for-
> gotten apartment in Chicago back in the 1960's. No motor of course, no
> compressor, etc, but it was a refrigerator, freezer, etc, and I think
> (cannot remember for sure) it was manufactured by 'Frigidaire
> Company'. Totally silent of course. I have no idea how it worked; if
> I ever knew, I have since forgotten. PAT]

Gas-powered refrigerators were not terribly uncommon 'way back when'.
Quite uncommon by the 60s, however.

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: 25 Hz Power"
Go to Previous message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Gas Refrigerator (was 25 Hz Power)"
May be in reply to: Michael G. Koerner: "25 Hz Power"