TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The 411 on Directory Assistance

Re: The 411 on Directory Assistance

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:28:55 -0800

Steven Lichter wrote:

> I don't know how much of a profit it is since the DA from Cell phones
> are handled by another company and the Telco contract with them.

It depends. TellMe, 800-555-Tell, was originally owned by AT&T, and
still may be after all the mergers. AT&T Wireless phones used TellMe
for 411.

Here in my area, I live fifteen minutes away from a huge Verizon call
center that handles both wireline and wireless directory assistance
calls. They handle VZW phones and also contract out to other
carrieers.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Little-Used Corner of Net Becomes Piracy Battlefield"
Go to Previous message: Sidney Zafran: "Re: The Sun is Going Away For Awhile, Don't Panic"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "The 411 on Directory Assistance"