TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 1993 TV Reportage, About a System Called INTERNET

Re: 1993 TV Reportage, About a System Called INTERNET

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:57:37 -0500

shlichter@diespammers.com says:

> Hansi wrote:

>> I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
>> computers on a system called INTERNET.

>> It is odd to watch when they say, that the INTERNET could have
>> theoretically up to 5000 members.

>> Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but
>> it seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.

>> I hope this is interesting fror the dcom.telecom Group.

>> Greetings from Hansi

>> Film clip URL: http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thank you very much for passing this
>> along, Hansi. PAT]

> Very interesting piece. My BBS had been up about 6 years by then and
> we were tied to a network which then went to FidoNet and into the
> internet. My users could not believe that a message could get around
> the world and they would have an answer within minutes.

By 1992 I was getting a UUCP feed from a friend. I used Waffle at the
time. I also owned the cdp.org domain but back then it didn't cost
anything to obtain a domain name. Now instead of the Church of the
Dead Presidents it's the Center for Democracy Project domain.

Go to Next message: Scott Ortis, Jr.: "Remote Control Humans"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Long-Term AT&T Investors"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page