TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 1993 TV Reportage, About a System Called INTERNET ( video -

Re: 1993 TV Reportage, About a System Called INTERNET ( video -

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Thu, 09 Mar 2006 04:46:18 GMT

Hansi wrote:

> I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
> computers on a system called INTERNET.

> It is odd to watch when they say, that the INTERNET could have
> theoretically up to 5000 members.

> Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but
> it seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.

> I hope this is interesting fror the dcom.telecom Group.

> Greetings from Hansi

> Film clip URL: http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thank you very much for passing this
> along, Hansi. PAT]

Very interesting piece. My BBS had been up about 6 years by then and
we were tied to a network which then went to FidoNet and into the
internet. My users could not believe that a message could get around
the world and they would have an answer within minutes.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2006 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Herb Stein: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
Go to Previous message: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: Crossborder 7-Digit"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page