TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Thinking the Unthinkable; was Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the

Re: Thinking the Unthinkable; was Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the

sidd (sidd@situ.com)
Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:57:58 GMT

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:

snip --

> Unfortunately, moderating a newsgroup has become a pretty tough
> challenge these days. There's the technical considerations to keep
> the basic functionality and archives going along. Then there's the
> massive amount of spam, viruses, etc to be filtered out, as well as
> off-topic and nasty messages.

I am willing to help on the technical side of keeping this mailing list
going, and I may be able to contribute some bandwidth and CPU.

but as has been pointed out, Pat has set a very high bar, and I am
certainly not knowledgeable enough to moderate some of the highly
informed contributions to this group/mailing list.

> It might be helpful to have multiple moderators to share the load. I
> think the world-war-II newsgroup does that, with incoming messages
> routed around to the different moderators.

This is an excellent suggestion, in addition to John Levine, I might
suggest Floyd Davidson as well. (their time and inclinations
permitting of course ...)

> Hopefully Pat will be with us for a long time to come.

Seconded, he has played a very large role in informing this community
over the years, and i hope that he will be able to do so for many
years to come.

sidd

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: Digital Method Puts Ad Inside TV"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Long-Term AT&T Investors"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page